Modern Java introduces major enhancements that influence the core Java technologies and APIs at the heart of the Java platform. Many old Java idioms are not needed anymore and new features such as modularization make you far more successful. Though, navigating these changes can be challenging.
Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient, 2nd Edition, (PDF) is a complete yet brief guide that includes all the newest changes up to Java SE 9. Penned by Cay S. Horstmann – expert author of the classic two-volume Core Java–this key tutorial provides a faster, easier pathway for learning modern Java. Given Java SE 9’s size and the range of its enhancements, there’s plenty to cover, but it’s presented in small pieces organized for quick entree and easy understanding.
Horstmann’s sample code and practical insights help you quickly take benefit of all that’s new, from Java SE 9’s long-awaited “Project Jigsaw” module system to the developments first introduced in Java SE 8, including lambda expressions and streams.
- Use lambda expressions to state actions more concisely
- Streamline and improve data management with today’s Streams API
- Leverage modern concurrent programming grounded on cooperating tasks
- Test code as you build it with the new JShell Read-Eval-Print Loop (REPL)
- Use modules to streamline the development of well-performing complex systems
- Migrate applications to work with the modularized Java API and third-party modules
- Take benefit of a multitude of API improvements for working with collections, regular expressions, input/output, and processes
Whether you’re just starting with modern Java or you’re an experienced developer, this guide will assist you to write tomorrow’s most efficient, robust, and secure Java code.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient 2nd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.