The Definitive Guide to Cloud Design and Architecture – Best-selling service technology author Thomas Erl has brought together the de facto catalog of design patterns for modern cloud-based architecture and solution design in the ebook Cloud Computing Design Patterns (ePub/PDF). More than 2 years in development, this ebook’s more than 100 patterns illustrate proven solutions to common cloud requirements and challenges. Its patterns are supported by rich, visual documentation, including more than 300 diagrams.
The authors address topics covering elasticity, scalability, resiliency, reliability, data management, recovery, virtualization, storage, provisioning, monitoring, administration, and much more. Readers will further find detailed coverage of cloud security, from storage and networking safeguards to identity systems, trust assurance, and auditing.
This ebook’s unprecedented technical depth makes it a must-have resource for every cloud technology architect, developer, administrator, solution designer, and manager.
- Providing trust attestation services to customers
- Monitoring and independently auditing cloud security
- Solving complex cloud design problems with compound super-patterns
- Protecting cloud services against traffic hijacking and denial-of-service attacks
- Securing on-premise Internet access, external cloud connections, and scaled VMs
- Using elasticity best practices to scale IT resources transparently and automatically
- Establishing resilient cloud architectures that act as pillars for enterprise cloud solutions
- Optimizing multitenant environments to efficiently serve multiple unpredictable consumers
- Ensuring operational resiliency, runtime reliability, and automated recovery from any failure
- Implementing best-practice security controls for cloud service architectures and cloud storage
- Efficiently provisioning resources, monitoring runtimes, and handling day-to-day administration
- Rapidly provisioning cloud storage devices, resources, and data with minimal management effort
- Enabling ubiquitous, on-demand, scalable network access to shared pools of configurable IT resources
- Establishing cloud authentication gateways, federated cloud authentication, and cloud key management
- Enabling customers to configure and operate custom virtual networks in PaaS, SaaS, or IaaS environments
“This ebook continues the very high standard we have come to expect from ServiceTech Press. The ebook provides well-explained vendor-agnostic patterns to the challenges of providing or using cloud solutions from SaaS to PaaS. The ebook is not only a great patterns reference but also worth reading from cover to cover as the patterns are thought-provoking, drawing out points that you should consider and ask of a potential vendor if you’re adopting a cloud solution.” — Phil Wilkins, Enterprise Integration Architect, Specsavers
“Thomas Erl’s textbook provides a unique and comprehensive perspective on cloud design patterns that is clearly and concisely explained for the technical professional and layman alike. It is an informative, knowledgeable, and powerful insight that may guide cloud experts in achieving extraordinary results based on extraordinary expertise identified in this textbook. I will use this textbook as a resource in future cloud designs and architectural considerations.” — Dr. Nancy M. Landreville, CEO/CISO, NML Computer Consulting
NOTE: This eBook Cloud Computing Design Patterns is in ePub format. A converted PDF is also available on request. Page numbers will NOT match the physical book.